Critical Illness/Cancer Insurance
Cancer, heart attack, stroke... We all know someone that has experienced a critical illness and the devastating effects these illnesses can have. With Critical Illness coverage, you can help protect your finances with cash benefits paid to you when you're diagnosed with a covered illness.
Here are the Facts:
According to the The American Association for Critical Illness Insurance:
- This year about 1.2 million Americans will suffer a heart attack…and 60% will survive.
- This year about 1.3 million Americans will be diagnosed with cancer…and 64% are expected to live more than 5 years.
- This year about 700,000 Americans will experience a stroke…and 70% survive.
- There are 22 million Americans alive today who have survived a heart attack, cancer, or a stroke…30% of those folks have lived over 10 years since their critical illness.
You never know what’s going to happen tomorrow, which means that you shouldn’t wait any longer to get the insurance protection that your family deserves. If you have any questions critical illness benefits, please contact one of our agents today.
Critical Illness will generally pay a lump sum if you suffer from a triggering illness. Serious injuries or major diseases are typically included. You also do not have to be disabled to collect it and you do not have to be employed to collect it either. The diagnosis of the critical illness does have to be made by a qualified physician, generally an expert in the field. Specific tests confirming the diagnosis may also be ordered.
Examples of triggering illnesses generally include:
- Heart attack
- Severe burns
- Kidney failure
- Organ transplant
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Loss of sight
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of speech
- Heart valve surgery
- Aortic surgery
- Coronary artery bypass graft
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- HIV contracted from an operation or a blood transfusion